1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 Large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup Tutto D’Oliva Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 cups or more powdered sugar
½ cup fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil 9-inch springform pan
with Meyer Lemon Olive Oil.
2. Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder & salt.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs until thick & pale
yellow. Continuing to beat, slowly pour in sugar, then
olive oil. Beat in the vanilla, lemon juice & lemon zest.
4. Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture in 3
batches. Thoroughly combine but do not overmix. Pour
into prepared pan. Bake cake until it is golden brown &
springs back when pressed in center, about 35-40
5. Just before the cake is done, mix powdered sugar &
lemon juice until a thin glaze forms. Add more powdered
sugar or lemon juice to reach a pouring consistency.
6. Remove cake from oven & turn on the broiler. Poke small
holes into the cake with a toothpick, pour half the glaze
over the cake, beginning at the center & working toward
the outside. Let cake absorb the glaze, then repeat with
the remaining glaze. Allow cake to rest 5 minutes.
7. Broil cake until the glaze just starts to bubble & the top
turns golden brown. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack, then
loosen the sides of the cake from the pan with a thin
flexible spatula. Remove springform ring & allow the
cake to fully cool (about 2 hours) before cutting. Dust
with powdered sugar & serve.
Adapted from, Williams-Sonoma, Essentials of Italian (2007).